Friday, June 8, 2012

BM vs FM


  بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ


Well, I'm not going to write about the advantages/disadvantages of those two. Of course, BM is the best milk ever for our children.
Even on the FM packaging states that.

This entry is more likely about how I'm dealing with those.

When I'm fully BF Faheem, it's always the on-the-go concept. No matter where and when, as Faheem cries for milk, the milk is already there. Ready to be suckled.
When Faheem wakes up in the middle of the night, I would just lay down next to him and offer him the b***t. He would just suckle until he's back to his dreamland. I wouldn't mind if he wakes up twice, three times of four times in the middle of the night as I can just lay down and asleep while breastfeeding him.
It's bonding time and it's relaxing.

Now that I have introduced FM to him. I would still try to bf him as frequent as I can. But knowing that my milk supply is low, I have to admit that I still need to top him up with FM.
Going out with FM...hmmmm, I need to buy a travelling thermos. Otherwise, when Faheem cries for milk, I have to look around for Baby Room (if available) to make his milk. Sometimes, I made it too hot. Pity Faheem, had to wait some more.
Since I didn't have a thermos yet, milk making is time consuming as I have to boil the water first while Faheem have cried  out loud. Well, if it is in the middle of the night, it was like...sobs..
And of course, there will be one more travelling bag to keep those FM, thermos, bottle...

My new midnight routine, I will feed him with FM before he goes to sleep. Then when he wakes up at 3a.m., I would just bf him. Then as I woke up for Subuh prayer, I will boil the water first before taking my shower so that afterwards I can make Faheem's milk already and feed him right away.

All I'm saying is, I am adjusting. It takes time for us to adjust to new situation. Faheem is also adjusting. Despite of waking up twice or triple time in the middle of the night, he only wakes up once.
I hope I can still bf/supply bm for Faheem for at least another one month. Even if it is just enough for one feeding of the day, at least he still gets my bm.
I'm not sighing. Just slowly changing and adapting.

hehe~ of course I didn't mentioned the handling of EBM part since I had never handled it. It was my mom and dad whose been dealing with those EBM I supplied for Faheem. Whenever I am around, I would just directfeed Faheem.
So, considering the preparation of FM and handling of EBM, lebih kurang je renyah kot..huhu~

My cunning charming sweet little Faheem, be it BM or FM, Ummi loves you no less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



Copyright to ily's
Designed by UMIESUEstudio 2015