Saturday, July 9, 2011

Being Warded

On 29th June 2011, lepas delivery and settle sume proses jahit-menjahit, I was sent to ward 4C, post-natal ward. It was early in the morning. Sangat hening. Hubby had to go back to take the hospital bag. Lepas tu hubby kene settlekan uri pulak. A male doctor came and checked little baby. Alhamdulillah, everything is fine. I can go back home on the evening, as being told by the doctor.

A few moments later, came a lady nurse handing me a pamphlet regarding G6PD. She told me that based on test conducted on the baby's stem, he have G6PD deficiency. She explained to me about the G6PD deficiency and told me that baby have to be admitted to Ward 4A for observation since baby with G6PD deficiency prone to get jaundice faster than others. Baby had to be observed for at least 5 days.

So, me and little faheem had to stay for another 5 days, at least. During our 5 days stay at hospital, Alhamdulillah, baby is doing great. I breasfed him on demand. The first 2 days, was a bit tough since I am learning to be a mom, alone without hubby and Mama. Plus that milk production haven't boost yet. Second day, baby kembung perot. I didn't know what to do. He kept on crying. I try to bf him everytime he cries. But still, it wasn't enough. The next day, milk production started to boost. Alhamdulillah, I get to bf my little baby on demand. 

5 days stay at hospital is really tiring. I couldn't get enough sleep. I get dark circles around my eyes, headache. But I enjoy my mommy moment. I love holding my little faheem. I love bf my baby. Syukur alhamdulillah. Throughout the 5 days, faheem had no fever at all. His digestion system is also fine. On day 4, doctor said that faheem had mild jaundice and had to undergo phototherapy. Although I'm a bit sad as he had to be put under the phototherapy lamp, but for his goodness, I have to be strong. The next day, Alhamdulillah, no jaundice and little faheem can be discharged.

Ramai yang tanye kenapa lambat discharge. When I answered baby had G6PD deficiency, ramai yang akan tanye balik ape bende tu..Susah jugak nak explain satu-satu. Next entry I will post about G6PD deficiency. InsyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Copyright to ily's
Designed by UMIESUEstudio 2015